Asian Culture Meetup Group Message Board › Looking for host families for international teens!

Looking for host families for international teens!

A former member
Post #: 6
I am a volunteer for Youth For Understanding (www.yfu-usa.org), a nonprofit organization that brings international students to the U.S. for a school year to study. We are starting up our placement cycle to find host families for the coming school year for the Southeast District. Since finding host families is so difficult, I am trying new ways to find them. I thought, since members of your group are interested in language and probably multiculturalism in general, there might be members interested in hosting.

The only financial obligation to the host family is to provide three meals a day. YFU accepts all types of families. Families with children, no children, or grown children! Single people can host too. The student would also need a bedroom and a bed. It can be a shared room as long as they have their own bed and the other occupant is of the same sex and similar age. All students have their own spending money and health insurance.

Any help is greatly appreciated! If anyone is interested, they can contact me at alexahook@yahoo.com.
Thank you,
Alexa