Philadelphia Atheists Meetup Message Board Philadelphia Atheists Meetup Discussion Forum › how do i find a local group

how do i find a local group

A former member
Post #: 4
I was wondering. Where can i find a local group. Or how do i go about it?
George
george05
Philadelphia, PA
Post #: 473
Hello,

If you're looking for a Meetup group near you, just go to the "Find" button on the upper left, enter any subject you're interested in, and your zip code. A list of groups nearby should come up.
A former member
Post #: 586
Hi John,

In your introduction you said you lived in central Illinois. I found one simular group, a Freethinkers Meetup group for the Champaign Urbana area --> http://www.meetup.com...­ . We atheists often call ourselves freethinkers, because we are free from belief in religious dogma and religious deities/gods.

I do hope that you will become a freethinker. The mind you save, and awaken, might be your own.

Best wishes and efforts, Scott(y)
Janice R.
janicerael
Clayton, NJ
Post #: 408
You can also use google, just search for your town name followed by the topic of group you seek, and you may be able to find a group that way.
George
george05
Philadelphia, PA
Post #: 477
John, what motivated you to join this group? How did you find the Atheists Meetup?