addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupsimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

New York City Atheists Meetings Message Board › In an ideal world, Moderates would clean their house from within

In an ideal world, Moderates would clean their house from within

Sarah - N.
user 6392454
Brooklyn, NY
Post #: 84
I keep hearing about how there exist out there level-headed, sane and peace loving religious people. I sometimes see them speak out against church violence. Sometimes. But more often than not, I see them defending extremist hate and violence. Or I see them living in denial with comments like "oh, he wasn't a REAL Christian." Yes, yes he was.

I find it sad that Atheists and Secularists have to do all the dirty work. be the bad guy who says "guys, your church is being used as a tool of violence and oppression." It makes us look like we are attacking them from the outside.

That is why I am dedicating this week to sharing news stories with religious people I know and asking them to speak out. As a Christian. As a Jew. As a Muslim. If you truly disagree with this behavior, make your voice heard.

I would ask that fellow Atheists try and do the same. You know that old proverb "teach a man to fish." Well let's teach some Theists to be proactive. <3