Las Vegas Atheists Message Board Las Vegas Atheists Discussion Forum › If god told you to kill a child would you?

If god told you to kill a child would you?

Negan
user 143612942
Las Vegas, NV
Post #: 6
This is the question I asked a room (chatroom) full of theist, all but one were very angry at the question and some even threatened me. The one who was willing to answer private messaged me telling me they would if god ordered it. I ask if killing children was wrong, they replied that what they thought did not matter but it is gods order that must be followed through. I asked if god spoke to him in a physical voice, yes he said. This is a person who hears voices and is willing to kill a child if those voices tell him too. He's not alone. This is scary stuff. My father told me something very similar when I was a child. Do know how scary that is to a kid? There are countless news stories about people actually following through with these acts. We have to raise awareness. Indoctrination is a poison on society and to the children its forced upon. We can not as rational human beings stand by and do nothing.

-Negan
Dave
skepticman
Las Vegas, NV
Post #: 33
Well, I told you that they were mostly mentality insane. What did you expect? That is why we, in this group, offer some general guidelines for debating with the religionists. You're 've got to choose the topics and not let them dictate where the conversation is going. Otherwise you will wind up in their book, where they are experts.
Negan
user 143612942
Las Vegas, NV
Post #: 7
I asked this particular question because I was inquiring about a certain verse and it led to this question. I didn't expect anything. I'm not only there to debate these people. I'm researching, learning, preparing. If one is going to engage on enemy territory wouldn't you want to learn all your enemies defenses? Awareness Dave. I plan to spread it.

-Negan
Doug
DougN666
Henderson, NV
Post #: 257
Well, I told you that they were mostly mentality insane. What did you expect? That is why we, in this group, offer some general guidelines for debating with the religionists. You're 've got to choose the topics and not let them dictate where the conversation is going. Otherwise you will wind up in their book, where they are experts.
Please bear in mind that it is obvious that god loves Schizophrenics and hates amputees.

and your response is Huh???

Well, he talks to schizophrenics and has NEVER regrown the limb of an amputee. Not so much as a finger.
Dave
skepticman
Las Vegas, NV
Post #: 35
biggrin thanks Doug, I needed that clarification.
Chuck C
user 8225966
Las Vegas, NV
Post #: 198
. You've got to choose the topics and not let them dictate where the conversation is going. Otherwise you will wind up in their book, where they are experts.
This, IMO, is the key issue when talking to religionists. Even when they're not experts.
Negan
user 143612942
Las Vegas, NV
Post #: 8
Many believe that they are experts in their own book, but for some reason I keep bringing up verses when they have run out. For example god's love of killing children, one of my favorites, they seem to be out of touch with the old testament god, some even claim he changed his views (which is impossible from an infallible being). I was banned today from the last christian chat site for asking why Davids son was killed by god for Davids sins. Pointing out when god killed children seems to strike a nerve. I can flow with any biblical convo thrown my way and when they can't keep up I get banned. I am forced to research through other means. I have contacted a pastor from a local church and have been granted an interview. Should be fun.
Dave
skepticman
Las Vegas, NV
Post #: 38
Hey Chuck - So what presentation do you use to keep the conversation controlled and out of their book?