addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupsimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

The Flying Spaghetti Monster lands for a pint. Message Board › Announcements for this weekend April 6-7

Announcements for this weekend April 6-7

user 4158319
Group Organizer
Portland, OR
Hi, team!

As "the good-time atheist group," socially redeemable community service isn't part of our mission statement. Nevertheless, I want to encourage you to take part in a clean-up event at East and West Sylvan Middle Schools this Saturday from 9 am to noon. They are looking for people to pick up detritis, mow grass, pull weeds, trim bushes, etc.

I am going to attend because I believe in public education and want to show my support. Also, Atheists etc. has posted this as an official meet-up for that group.

You can sign up to attend at­ . It would be nice if you could rsvp with the Athiests etc. Meetup page so we have an idea of how many will be on hand. Also, this should be family friendly so you can bring kids if you wish.

You'll notice that the registration is being handled by a Chrisitan website. Please don't let that discourage you. If anything, it's even more important that we show up in force -- wearing our colors, so to speak -- to demonstrate that we are members of the community as much as anyone else. I, for one, will be there in my bright red A+ t-shirt.

If you are also planning to attend the CFI Rogue Mini-Conference that afternoon, remember that the schedules do NOT overlap. The school clean-up lasts until noon, and the mini-conference starts at noon. It's only a short drive from one to the other. I intend to attend both.

Hope to see you Saturday.

Best wishes & RA-men -- Jack/Organizer