Atheists Etcetera Message Board › Responding To Emails To the Group

Responding To Emails To the Group

Brian
user 10966059
Indianapolis, IN
We have 26 Organizers & Co-Organizers.  Who should be taking the lead on responding to inquiries about the group? I'd like to make a sure that we respond to everyone who contacts us, but would like to avoid having a dozen different people responding.

Should we have a person or two that are designated for this?  Please post your thoughts on the discussion board that I started for this email.

-Brian
Stephanie
StephDayton
Mc Cordsville, IN
Post #: 9
I think it's a good idea to have a couple of designated people who respond with actual information about the group. Everyone else who wants to can just shoot off a brief "Welcome, look forward to meeting you" type response.
Paul D.
user 11577693
Indianapolis, IN
Post #: 2
I take it upon myself to send out Greeting emails once in a while, so I would be happy to send the "official" greeting.
Jeanette
jeanette0982
Noblesville, IN
Post #: 1
Hi Brian,
I joined rather recently and I received a welcome email. I don't know if it was automatic or if someone was responsible for making sure they sent it, but it worked out fine however you're doing it.

I agree that there should be one person designated for responding to inquiries so that we don't overwhelm curious new members with a barrage of responses, and so that they don't get overlooked.

I don't mind if Paul wants to take charge of that.

Jeanette
Brad W.
SirGronk
Indianapolis, IN
Post #: 4
This seems like a good idea. I could see how it could be an issue otherwise.

"Can I ask a question about your group?"
*BAM* Twenty six email responses TO THE FACE! Perhaps a bit off-putting. I didn't think about that when I responded to the most recent inquiry.

So yeah, if Paul wants to be the official group spokes-emailer, then that would work just dandy. And perhaps as Stephanie suggested, having a second one wouldn't hurt.

-Brad-
Rick T
exrev
Carmel, IN
Post #: 87
We have 26 Organizers & Co-Organizers.  Who should be taking the lead on responding to inquiries about the group? I'd like to make a sure that we respond to everyone who contacts us, but would like to avoid having a dozen different people responding.

Should we have a person or two that are designated for this?  Please post your thoughts on the discussion board that I started for this email.

-Brian

Well being a host, I try to greet new members as much as possible. Most of the time I see posting of new comers on the meet up page, but I haven't seen too many emails if any. If you want to say hey to someone go for it. Anyone else who can add additional info can do so.
Brian
user 10966059
Indianapolis, IN
Post #: 41
The problem is that there is no way to know if an email inquiry has been answered. Having multiple responses would make it seems like we aren't organized.
Rick T
exrev
Carmel, IN
Post #: 88
The problem is that there is no way to know if an email inquiry has been answered. Having multiple responses would make it seems like we aren't organized.

we aren't organized...that's the point. And you can check your email settings Brain.
Rick T
exrev
Carmel, IN
Post #: 89
We'll figure this out Brian. Lets discuss Wed.
Paul D.
user 11577693
Indianapolis, IN
Post #: 3
Since I won't be there this Wednesday, I say we throw together official response verbiage to respond to emails directed at the group that basically says we are a loosely organized social club and not (necessarily) an activist group. I can then respond with it plus any specific info as needed.