The Atlanta Scala Meetup Group Message Board › Course - Martin Odersky - Functional Programming Principles in Scala

Course - Martin Odersky - Functional Programming Principles in Scala

Gunnar H.
ghillert
Atlanta, GA
Post #: 1
Hi,

I have signed up for this free online course - Functional Programming Principles in Scala:

https://www.coursera.org/course/progfun­

It is an online course led by Martin Odersky and best of all it is free. So while it is online, it would be cool to discuss the learned with like-minded folks. I wonder if this is a good occasion to jumpstart the Scala Meetup group again and do smaller meetups to accompany the online course.

So let me know if you are interested in participating and with enough interest, I will schedule a meeting.

Cheers,

Gunnar
Gang
user 7288172
Alpharetta, GA
Post #: 2
Hi Gunnar,

I have signed up for the course, and interested in participating meetup group studies.

Thanks
Gang
Bill B.
user 29077712
Atlanta, GA
Post #: 2
Thanks for posting this. I also signed up for the course. Looking forward to it.

Hi,

I have signed up for this free online course - Functional Programming Principles in Scala:

https://www.coursera.org/course/progfun­

It is an online course led by Martin Odersky and best of all it is free. So while it is online, it would be cool to discuss the learned with like-minded folks. I wonder if this is a good occasion to jumpstart the Scala Meetup group again and do smaller meetups to accompany the online course.

So let me know if you are interested in participating and with enough interest, I will schedule a meeting.

Cheers,

Gunnar

Glen P.
GlenPeterson
Campobello, SC
Post #: 7
Thanks - I signed up and posted it to the Greenville JUG as well. It is unlikely that I will make an Atlanta meeting in person as I live about 4 hours away.
Glen P.
GlenPeterson
Campobello, SC
Post #: 8
FYI: The Getting Started assignment has already been posted for this course. It's just to set up your environment, get a little Hello World type program running, and use the submission tool to upload your solution.