add-memberalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbellblockcalendarcamerachatchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-upcircle-with-crosscomposecrossfacebookflagfolderglobegoogleimagesinstagramkeylocation-pinmedalmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1pagepersonpluspollsImported LayersImported LayersImported LayersshieldstartwitterwinbackClosewinbackCompletewinbackDiscountyahoo

The Atlanta Scala Meetup Group Message Board › Meeting location options

Meeting location options

Atlanta, GA
Post #: 1
Any ideas on where we should meet? John and I have been talking about it, and the best thing we have come up with would be to meet in a public library.

Of those, the Fulton County main library looks ideal because of its central location. Also, they explicitly say that the main library has "A/V equipment", which with any luck would include an LCD projector:­

However, neither John nor I have a Fulton County library card! Does anyone in the group? Next best might be the Decatur main library, which I can definitely reserve for us:

However, this one is less central, and the web site is less clear about the A/V equipment.

Speaking of A/V, does anyone have an LCD projector they could bring to the meetings? I'm hoping to find a place that already has one, but if not, it would be good to have a backup plan. If we have an LCD projector, then people can give live code-hacking demonstrations, which I really hope to see a lot of in this meetup.

Overall, the hunt is still on for a meeting location. I just wanted to post an update and assure everyone we're still trying to get this thing rolling.