***IMPORTANT NOTICE!****Due to inclement winter weather Cliff Kachinske's presentation Introduction to Python has been rescheduled to Tuesday, April 8th!!! There will be NO MEETUP EVENT tomorrow, Tuesday, February 11th!
Topic: Introduction to Python by Cliff Kachinske
• About me and why I use Python: productivity, few
• Immediately noticeable differences: white space
significant, compactness of code aka less typing.
• More subtle differences: Data typing in Python,
aka Duck Typing; Variable scope
• The best Python IDE may be none at all
• A closer look at data types; data types as
• A glance at built-in statements + where to find
• A glance at built-in functions + where to find
• Procedural Python
• Python classes - why use 'em?
• Some characteristics of Python classes
• A glance at unit testing; mostly just pointing
to existing test libraries
• Somebody has already solved this problem, or
Google is your friend
• Python standard library
• Third party libraries
• How to really learn Python: resources
Location: 950 East Paces Ferry Road NE, Suite 2155 (21st floor), Atlanta, GA 30326
Parking: FREE Parking is available in the MARTA Parking Lot located directly across the street from the building. Please do not park in the One Atlanta Plaza building parking lot because parking is no longer free there.
RSVP: Food and drinks will be provided, so please RSVP to this event ONLY is you are able to attend. If your status changes, please make sure to update the website!