addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupsimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

The Atlanta Graphic Design Collective on Meetup Message Board › New Discussion on Future of this Group and WebVisions Special Discount

New Discussion on Future of this Group and WebVisions Special Discount

Sherra B.
Atlanta, GA
Hi All!

My apologies for not being more active in 2011. My life took a major unexpected shift. After 10 years of self-employment and on the heels of the overwhelming task of organizing the AIGA SEED Awards, I was hired in August to lead the User-Centered Design practice of a consulting and recruiting firm called Cadence Group - website currently in redesign process to better represent the work I'm doing. It is a connection I made because of this group so now that I'm settled, I'd like to get back to serving you again...if you'll have me.

I've posted my thoughts on how the next year of regular programming might go. Additional programs on specific topics of interest are always welcome. While I remain open to and hopeful for something more organically self-organized, I thought the best way to ensure continuity for now was to get a whole year planned. I can always use your help with either running a program or suggesting a speaker - even for the already suggested topics. And you are always welcome to offer to organize something entirely different.

I also need you to tell me what you think about 2nd Tuesdays for a meeting time. Any other groups meeting then that I forgot about?

In the meantime, TODAY is the final day for registering with discount codes for WebVisions­ (happening in Atlanta on Thursday and/or Friday this week) and I have an extra special one for you. I'm speaking (One Punchy Idea session on Friday) and Cadence Group is sponsoring. I hope to see you there: ­http://wvatl-cadence....­­