The Atlanta Graphic Design Collective on Meetup Message Board › SimplePart hiring Web Designer
Web Designer- eCommerce (Decatur, GA)
SimplePart is looking for an eager, full time web designer who has the ability to provide strong design backed by an art education. The ideal candidate will have experience in conducting knowledgeable research in development of a design concept while providing a meaningful explanation of the artistic direction. Candidates must be able to explain their use of color theory, typography, layout principles, and general design theory in the creation of their work. This position will be responsible for working in a collaborative effort with other designers and front end developers in creation of online visual design for both SimplePart and our client’s sites.
This is a fun, fast-paced, close-knit environment with plenty of room to grow while letting your creativity flourish. Responsibilities for this FULL TIME W2 position will be primarily with our SimplePart product line. We offer company-paid health/dental/vision benefits, paid vacation, dog-friendly office, relaxed dress code, fun company culture, flexible hours and a great office location in Decatur.
We provide a turn-key solution to car dealers and aftermarket parts sellers, giving them the ability to quickly and easily sell parts online. This role will be challenged in providing the vast amount of information our client’s sites must convey, while developing refreshing and unique designs that draw inspiration from our clients’ brands.
Broadly, your responsibilities will include working within a team to:
• Research client’s brand identity
• Provide clear creative and artistic direction to co-workers for creating images
• Define client’s branding and style criteria
• Create and present insightful mood boards
• Develop and propose creative strategy
• Handle multiple projects simultaneously
• Maintain SimplePart and clients’ online visual identity
• Art school graduate
• Proficient in Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign
• Ability to create unique, engaging, custom digital graphics that are brand appropriate
• Accurate attention to detail
• Ability to plan and manage your own time with the ability to execute with little direction
Special consideration will be given to candidates with
• Interest in Automotive or Motorcycles
• Familiarity of eCommerce design trends and e-technology
• Understanding of HTML, CSS, and ability to hand-code
• Internship or work experience
• Proven ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously while meeting deadlines on time
Be sure to include a cover letter and sample portfolio that gives us an idea of your personality, who you are and what you're all about. Please send your resume, cover letter, and portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Candidates must be authorized to work in the U.S. without sponsorship. No recruiters, please.
Salary: $30,000 - $40,000 DOE