addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrosseditemptyheartexportfacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

The Atlanta Graphic Design Collective on Meetup Message Board › PLEASE update your RSVP if your plans have changed!

PLEASE update your RSVP if your plans have changed!

Sherra B.
sherrabell
Atlanta, GA
Happy Monday!

I have a big favor to ask on behalf of and out of respect to Cafe Intermezzo!

It is unfortunately VERY common for Meetup members to RSVP for free events (in general as well as this group in particular) and then no-show. Because I believe people are generally well-intentioned, my guess is that those who no-show simply do not realize the hardship it creates for a restaurant hosting the event. Here's what happens:

If they plan for 52 people and 5 show up, extra wait staff brought in to serve you have wasted their evening and those of us who do show up feel responsible for tipping significantly extra to help make up for lower than expected tips. If they don't bring that person in and 52 people show up, they can't serve us quickly enough and you have a bad experience which means they have not benefited by hosting us because you aren't likely to return. Either way, if you no-show then someone other than you loses because you didn't keep your word. How fair is that?

I just spoke to Nate at Cafe Intermezzo and they are very graciously willing to accommodate us tomorrow night, whatever our group size. I know that this is a holiday week so I'm especially skeptical of our current numbers. Please help me give him a reasonably accurate count by 5pm today.

If your plans have changed, take a second right now to update your RSVP. If uncertain, please change your response to Maybe and update tomorrow. If your plans change tomorrow, please update your RSVP before noon. And if you say you are coming, please move mountains to attend and come planning to buy at least one drink (even if it is just a bottled water) and tip generously.

If even half of you attend tomorrow night, this will be an amazing group more than capable of lively conversation. I hope you can still attend and look forward to seeing you then! If not, enjoy your holidays and I'll see you in the new year!

Best!

Sherra

PS - Please contact me ASAP if you put this event on the calendar. I need to arrive a few minutes late and would like to coordinate with you about name badges and set-up.