nice meeting with you this morning. Maybe see you at one of the meet ups!
From: Mike Skott <[address removed]>
To: [address removed]
Sent: Thursday, July
Subject: [opensource-91] Great Joomla Job
I have accepted a new job offer and consequently, my current job is looking to hire a replacement for me. I've offered to do my best to help them hire the right person to take over the work I have done for this incredible nonprofit agency in Dunwoody. I have served for for 3 1/3 years as the Digital Marketing Architect here at Jewish Family & Career Services. Don't let the name fool you - although we are heavily funded by Atlanta's Jewish community, we help and serve all Atlantans with our many programs and services. Also, the majority of my coworkers are non-Jewish. Check out our main (Joomla-based) web site at http://YourToolsForLiving.org and get a feel for the kind of work we do.
While a successful candidate must wear many different hats for this position, Joomla experience is a must. You must also know a little bit of PHP for some custom coding that needs periodic adjusting. Beyond that, we're looking for a great marketing mind who can help out with all things digital. My typical week includes HTML email production, video editing, custom coding, creating and maintaining web pages, creating web graphics, managing a large AdWords account, preparing content for a blog, monitoring our many social media presences, posting content to our social channels, more video editing, and being an unofficial photographer. If these sound like things you enjoy, check out this excerpt from the job description:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and implement electronic marketing strategies for JF&CS
- Establish systems for monitoring impact of electronic strategies and how they are implemented
- Obtain and report all digital analytics (websites, social media, Google AdWords, etc.)
- Collaborate with the Development team to maintain email database for JF&CS in a format that allows for customized distribution of information
- Collaborate with the Development team to provide thoughtful leadership for online giving process and capabilities
- Curate and maintain content and functionalities of all JF&CS websites
- Assist in establishing protocol for electronic marketing to include eBlasts, eNewsletters, video images, social media presence, etc.
- Provide thoughtful leadership and analysis for software and process based solutions for agency marketing
- Assist in staff education regarding email etiquette, Facebook protocol, etc.
- Serve as agency’s domain registrar
- Serve as liaison with third party technology vendors when appropriate
- Participate as a key member of the Marketing Team in projects and programs that support the agency’s mission
- Serve as agency photographer/videographer and manage digital media library
- Capture and edit videos for electronic communications.
- Adept at creating charts, infographics and PowerPoint/Keynote presentations
- Comfortable with some writing (photo captions, etc.)
If all of this sounds like a job you might be interested in, please contact Linda Schneider, JF&CS' Job Development Manager, at [address removed] with a resume and let her know that you saw this post from the Joomla / Open Source Meetup group. Please do not reply back to the entire Joomla Meetup group, or to me about this position, or I will make note of your inability to follow directions, as I will be assisting the agency in vetting and hiring a qualified candidate. Thanks!
- Must have 3 to 5 years of website development including content management system customization and integration experience (Joomla, HTML)
- Must have electronic graphic design skills (Adobe Fireworks, PhotoShop, etc.)
- Must have demonstrated team participation experience
- Must have project management skills with an understanding of deadlines
- Must have Web analytics evaluation experience
- Knowledge of Raiser’s Edge preferred
- Must be proficient with Macs and PCs
Please Note: If you hit "REPLY", your message will be sent to everyone on this mailing list ([address removed])
This message was sent by Mike Skott ([address removed]) from Joomla! User Group Atlanta.
To learn more about Mike Skott, visit his/her member profile
Set my mailing list to email me As they are sent | In one daily email | Don't send me mailing list messages
Meetup, PO Box 4668 #37895 New York, New York[masked] | [address removed]