add-memberalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbellblockcalendarcamerachatchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-upcircle-with-crosscomposecrossfacebookflagfolderglobegoogleimagesinstagramkeylocation-pinmedalmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1pagepersonpluspollsImported LayersImported LayersImported LayersshieldstartwitterwinbackClosewinbackCompletewinbackDiscountyahoo

Joomla! User Group Atlanta Message Board › Joomla 1.6 upgrade

Joomla 1.6 upgrade

Christina W.
Atlanta, GA
Post #: 15
OMG, I just realized this week that I still had an inactive site on Joomla 1.6 (not 1.6.1 or 1.6.5). I really sweated over upgrading several of those last year, and just wondered if I could make it work easier this time.

What do you know! They have a new quick upgrade to 1.7, and after that an upgrade to 1.7.3 took me to a place where I could click inside the Akeeba Admin Tools to get it up to the 2.5.8.

The coolest thing about it is that the Joomlart template I used still works! The upgrade recommends that I use an updated version of the template, but at this point it seems to be ok.