addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupsimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Joomla! User Group Atlanta Message Board › Responsive Tables

Responsive Tables

Meredith K.
user 54170882
Atlanta, GA
Post #: 9
Hiya

I have 2 sites where I've used tables (UGH) to layout images. I know they do not work responsively. I've done some research on how to replace the tables, but most of what I found involves changing php files and adding javascript. I was wondering if anyone knows a fairly simple way to do this.

Is "fairly simple" the wrong phrase?

Thanks again

Meredith
Christina W.
Ag0g0girl
Atlanta, GA
Post #: 22
UPDATE: some allow for text and modules to be in the grid too. Checking now to see if the csv importer will work.
Let me see a sample of what your doing. I think your wanting your photos in a grid with NOOO Flash needed.

As for the photos: I have officially switched from SIGplus and SIGpro to this new SJgallery. Check it here on Back2darootz.com

I have tried several extensions that do image layouts in the content articles. Just within the last few months there are many responsive grids. I'm loving it. Just started testing them out. Truely the new way to displaying images in the future. Here is a few cool demos of how that works. Seriously $10 or $20 is not too much for a little something that helps out, but a try it before you buy it is really cool too. The following is just the first google search page.

Zen Grid
Extro
Yoo Theme Widget

JoomClub
SJ gallery
Meredith K.
user 54170882
Atlanta, GA
Post #: 10
Thanks Christina

I use SigPlus, 2J and another gallery that I can't remember. The problem is, these images don't really warrant a gallery. For example, I have one client who has photos, of different sizes associated with bios, also of different sizes. Very difficult to lay out without some sort of grid system.

I'll take a look at the ones you've suggested.

thanks again

Meredith
Amin
user 182699622
Atlanta, GA
Post #: 1
Hey,

You don't need to deal with PHP or JS files. It can be handled by a simple CSS task. As default, tables have "table" as "display" attribute and their cells "table-cell" e.g. when you create HTML tables, the default value of display attribute for table is "table" and for cells is "table-cell".
To make a table responsive you just need to change the display value of cells. In the other hand, when your page is reviewed by a computer values are:

table {
display: table;
}
td {
display: table-cell;
}

and you tell the cells to be displayed block when the screen width is e.g. less than 680px.
You can do it this way:

@media only screen and (max-width: 680px) {
td {
display: block;
}
}