align-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcamerachatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-crosscrosseditfacebookglobegoogleimagesinstagramlocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartwitteryahoo

Joomla! User Group Atlanta Message Board › Should We Moderate the Atlanta Joomla Mailing List?

Should We Moderate the Atlanta Joomla Mailing List?

Steve
user 6764235
Bradenton, FL
Hi All

Apologies for the spam message that just went out about the flu.

Currently the mailing list is open which means that anyone can send out a message.

As the group members, do you think we should start moderating messages before they are sent?

Regards

Steve
A former member
Post #: 7
I hate to, but it seems like we need to if we want to keep this a forum about Joomla.
Erick
Jerry S.
user 9236851
Atlanta, GA
Post #: 2
Moderate as a last resort.
If this trend increases then a decision can be made. In the mean time additional spam will just add to the existing annoyance.
Jerry
A former member
Post #: 1
I think that a few messages here and there between members is not a problem.

As the group expands and traffic increases, we will likely need to revisit this opinion.

Is there the possibility of moderating only the users that abuse the open policy?

I know this might be off of the subject a bit but, in yesterdays emails, one of our members suggested allowing people to link together in social groups. I seem to recall seeing one or two components promoting this ability in Joomla.

Maybe we should explore this possibility and have a meetup to discuss what it would take to build this capability into the meetup framework…

Kind Regards,

Ben