Post #: 1
Hey everyone, we have an open position on my team for a Software Engineer. Here is the job description. Contact me via email if you are interested. Thanks,
We are looking for a Software Engineer with a passion for measurement, testing, and (let’s be honest) breaking things. As someone supporting integration of critical production applications and infrastructure, your role will be to ensure they are always reliable, available, and engineered to withstand high demand. To do so, we strive to automate testing as much as possible.Key results areas and accountabilities
The role is accountable for the following activities:
Functional skills, qualifications and experience
- Participate in an Agile Scrum team
- Write test cases for all new features.
- Developing tests scripts, automating whenever possible, and recording the results.
- Measuring and working to improve system performance
- Record defects in defect tracking system and follow-up on corrections.
- Perform root cause analysis for key defects with developers, analysts, and customers
- Develop and report monthly quality metrics and trends.
- Knowledge and use of the Software Development Lifecycle
- Experience in an Agile development environment
- Experience developing and testing enterprise systems
- Being able to produce accurate estimates.
- Ability and willingness to learn new technologies and patterns
- Must be self-motivated and able to work without close supervision
- Team Player
- Excellent communication skills in verbal and written forums
- BS in Computer Science or engineering with a strong CS component
- Experience automating unit, system, and integration testing
- Experience mocking service endpoints or application interfaces
- Working knowledge of performance and stress testing practices
- Experience developing and testing products authored with the following tools and technologies:
- Java, Spring frameworks, Apache Camel, Apache CXF
- RESTful and SOAP web services
- Transactional JMS
- XML processing, transformation, and management
- Experience with Continuous Integration using frameworks like Jenkins, Maven
- Experience using a variety of operating systems including Linux and Windows.
Post #: 2