Mar 23, 2013 · 10:00 AM
This location is no longer available
Atlanta's PC-gaming LAN group just turned a year old. thanks everyone for your support.
We're at it again.
What games we play?
We get this question a lot. The answer is: a lot of things.
The "regular" games: Team Fortress 2, Supreme Commander, UT2004-Carball, Artemis
The "irregulars": Starcraft(II), Half-Life 2 Deathmatch, <insert random Steam game here>, Rise of Nations, etc.
What we DON'T play:
Anything with "Call of Duty" or "Halo" in the title, or anything that plays on a console.
WHAT YOU GET:
- A Seat at our LAN event (table footprint: 36"W x 30"D... ish)
- A LAN connection
- All-you-can-drink soda (tell us your favorite when you register)
- Dinner (usually Pizza, or whatever the group decides on)
- This is a private residence, please clean up after yourself.
- Allergen Info: There is a cat in the house.
- Crash space is available for those who want to stay late and not drive home right away; let us know if you need it (bring a sleeping bag).
- There is a 30Mb cable internet connection.
- A HTPC and Media Server are available.
WHAT TO BRING:
- Your Computer with a wired network interface. (this is obvious, right?)
- Protip: Configure your computer's WIRED interface for "Automatic/DHCP" The most common problem at setup is a statically-assigned IP address fouling up the works.
- Keyboard, mouse, joystick, game pads, etc.
- Your mouse pad (the tables are NOT optical/laser mouse friendly).
- Headphones with or without microphone (expect voice chat to be used)
- Power strip and all applicable power cords.
- Your windows, driver and game CD's.
- UPDATED Virus protection (Microsoft Security Essentials is your friend).
- A good attitude and friends (both we also have plenty of :-) )
- Snacks and other goodies are always appreciated.
WHAT NOT TO BRING:
- SPEAKERS (Speakers of any sort are discouraged due to the close proximity of everyone, and the tendency for people to bring sub-woofers...)
- Viruses, Trojans, worms, etc (scan your machine before plugging in)
- Adware, spyware, etc.
- Hubs, switches, routers, access points, etc. (these are provided). Any rogue network equipment will be smited by the Network Gods <g>.
- Port scanners, packet bombers, encryption crackers, aimbots, wallhacks, etc.
- NO SMOKING in the building. Before lighting up, go outside. It's not only common courtesy, it's the law.
- No porn. If anyone is offended and/or complains, then it MUST go. Just be reasonable.
- Anyone caught cheating, packet bombing, roughhousing, stealing or messing with other people's property without permission WILL BE EJECTED - NO refunds, NO second chance! We are very serious about this one.
IF YOU SIGNED UP AND CAN'T MAKE IT:
It happens. Traffic, work, dead boxen and domestic overunits can all put a wrench in the works at the last minute. If you cancel 7 days before the event you will get a refund. Anyone cancelling within 7 days of the event or not showing up will be credited for the next event.