With the success of our first LAN Party event we're having another one at the Sugar Hill Community Center. Expect Team Fortress, UT, and whatever else we can think up.
If there's enough interest we'll be organizing a tournament of some sort for this one :)
WHAT YOU GET:
- A Seat at our LAN event (table footprint: 36"W x 30"D)
- A LAN connection
- All-you-can-drink soda (tell us your favorite when you register)
- PIZZA! (tell us your favorite when you register)
- The Sugar Hill Community Center does not allow cash payments on-site. All payments must be made in advance.
- The Internet connection is a 4mbit CLEAR wireless connection with an average latency of 150ms; make sure you have your games (especially Steam) updated. That said, there is a small file server on the LAN for passing around copies of Steamapps, mods and patches.
- We have to be out no later than 10:45pm. The Network shuts down at 10:00pm.
- Anyone who stays to help tear-down gets to take home whatever's left of the food and beverages.
WHAT TO BRING:
- Your Computer with a wired network interface. (this is obvious, right?)
- Protip: Configure your computer's WIRED interface for "Automatic/DHCP" The most common problem at setup is a statically-assigned IP address fouling up the works.
- Monitor (Please no larger than 21" CRT / 24" LCD)
- Keyboard, mouse, joystick, game pads, etc.
- Your mouse pad (the tables are NOT optical/laser mouse friendly).
- Headphones with or without microphone (expect voice chat to be used)
- Power strip and all applicable power cords.
- Your windows, driver and game CD's.
- UPDATED Virus protection (Norton, Mcaffee, PC-cillin, etc. If you don't have one, AVG is a very good (and free) virus scanner available here).
- A good attitude and friends (both we also have plenty of :-) )
- Snacks and other goodies are always appreciated.
WHAT NOT TO BRING:
- SPEAKERS (Speakers of any sort are discouraged due to the close proximity of everyone, and the tendency for people to bring sub-woofers...)
- Viruses, Trojans, worms, etc (scan your machine before plugging in)
- Adware, spyware, etc.
- Hubs, switches, routers, access points, etc. (these are provided). Any rogue network equipment will be smited by the Network Gods <g>.
- Port scanners, packet bombers, encryption crackers, aimbots, wallhacks, etc.
- NO SMOKING in the building. Before lighting up, go outside. It's not only common courtesy, it's the law.
- No drugs or alcohol are allowed on the premises.
- No overly graphic or offensive language. There will be minors present. Use common sense.
- No porn. If anyone is offended and/or complains, then it MUST go. This is a public place and there will be minors present. Just be reasonable.
- Anyone caught cheating, packet bombing, roughhousing, stealing or messing with other people's property without permission WILL BE EJECTED - NO refunds, NO second chance! We are very serious about this one.
IF YOU SIGNED UP AND CAN'T MAKE IT:
It happens. Traffic, work, dead boxen and domestic overunits can all put a wrench in the works at the last minute. If you cancel 7 days before the event you will get a refund. Anyone cancelling within 7 days of the event or not showing up will be credited for the next event.