February 25, 2012 · 10:00 AM
This location is shown only to members
Since our next event at a major venue isn't until April, we're having a few smallish house-bound LANs to keep the momentum going. Expect Team Fortress, Unreal Tournament, various Starcraft and Warcraft III mods and whatever else we can think up.
This is a small event with a max of 10 people on a first-sign-up, first-get-in basis. There is no hard-set end time for the event beyond "sometime Sunday".
WHAT YOU GET:
- A Seat at our LAN event (table footprint: 36"W x 30"D)
- A LAN connection
- All-you-can-drink soda (tell us your favorite when you register)
- PIZZA! (tell us your favorite when you register)
- This is a private residence, please clean up after yourself.
- Allergen Info: There is a cat in the house.
- Crash space is available for those who want to stay late and not drive home right away; let us know if you need it (bring a sleeping bag).
- There is a 30Mb cable internet connection.
- A HTPC and Media Server are available, there might be a movie or... something.
WHAT TO BRING:
- Your Computer with a wired network interface. (this is obvious, right?)
- Protip: Configure your computer's WIRED interface for "Automatic/DHCP" The most common problem at setup is a statically-assigned IP address fouling up the works.
- Monitor (Please no larger than 21" CRT / 24" LCD)
- Keyboard, mouse, joystick, game pads, etc.
- Your mouse pad (the tables are NOT optical/laser mouse friendly).
- Headphones with or without microphone (expect voice chat to be used)
- Power strip and all applicable power cords.
- Your windows, driver and game CD's.
- UPDATED Virus protection (Norton, Mcaffee, PC-cillin, etc. If you don't have one, AVG is a very good (and free) virus scanner available here).
- A good attitude and friends (both we also have plenty of :-) )
- Snacks and other goodies are always appreciated.
WHAT NOT TO BRING:
- SPEAKERS (Speakers of any sort are discouraged due to the close proximity of everyone, and the tendency for people to bring sub-woofers...)
- Viruses, Trojans, worms, etc (scan your machine before plugging in)
- Adware, spyware, etc.
- Hubs, switches, routers, access points, etc. (these are provided). Any rogue network equipment will be smited by the Network Gods <g>.
- Port scanners, packet bombers, encryption crackers, aimbots, wallhacks, etc.
- NO SMOKING in the building. Before lighting up, go outside. It's not only common courtesy, it's the law.
- No drugs or alcohol are allowed on the premises.
- No overly graphic or offensive language. There will be minors present. Use common sense.
- No porn. If anyone is offended and/or complains, then it MUST go. This is a public place and there will be minors present. Just be reasonable.
- Anyone caught cheating, packet bombing, roughhousing, stealing or messing with other people's property without permission WILL BE EJECTED - NO refunds, NO second chance! We are very serious about this one.
IF YOU SIGNED UP AND CAN'T MAKE IT:
It happens. Traffic, work, dead boxen and domestic overunits can all put a wrench in the works at the last minute. If you cancel 7 days before the event you will get a refund. Anyone cancelling within 7 days of the event or not showing up will be credited for the next event.