June 30, 2012 · 10:00 AM
This location is shown only to members
Expect Team Fortress, Unreal Tournament, Supreme Commander, various Starcraft and Warcraft III mods and whatever else we can think up.
There is no hard-set end time for the event.
WHAT YOU GET:
- A Seat at our LAN event (table footprint: 36"W x 30"D)
- A LAN connection
- All-you-can-drink soda (tell us your favorite when you register)
- Lunch (Pizza, or BBQ?)
- This is a private residence, please clean up after yourself.
- Allergen Info: There is a cat in the house.
- Crash space is available for those who want to stay late and not drive home right away; let us know if you need it (bring a sleeping bag).
- There is a 30Mb cable internet connection.
- A HTPC and Media Server are available, there might be a movie or... something.
WHAT TO BRING:
- Your Computer with a wired network interface. (this is obvious, right?)
- Protip: Configure your computer's WIRED interface for "Automatic/DHCP" The most common problem at setup is a statically-assigned IP address fouling up the works.
- Monitor (Please no larger than 21" CRT / 24" LCD)
- Keyboard, mouse, joystick, game pads, etc.
- Your mouse pad (the tables are NOT optical/laser mouse friendly).
- Headphones with or without microphone (expect voice chat to be used)
- Power strip and all applicable power cords.
- Your windows, driver and game CD's.
- UPDATED Virus protection (Microsoft Security Essentials is your friend).
- A good attitude and friends (both we also have plenty of :-) )
- Snacks and other goodies are always appreciated.
WHAT NOT TO BRING:
- SPEAKERS (Speakers of any sort are discouraged due to the close proximity of everyone, and the tendency for people to bring sub-woofers...)
- Viruses, Trojans, worms, etc (scan your machine before plugging in)
- Adware, spyware, etc.
- Hubs, switches, routers, access points, etc. (these are provided). Any rogue network equipment will be smited by the Network Gods <g>.
- Port scanners, packet bombers, encryption crackers, aimbots, wallhacks, etc.
- NO SMOKING in the building. Before lighting up, go outside. It's not only common courtesy, it's the law.
- No drugs or alcohol are allowed on the premises.
- No overly graphic or offensive language. There will be minors present. Use common sense.
- No porn. If anyone is offended and/or complains, then it MUST go. This is a public place and there will be minors present. Just be reasonable.
- Anyone caught cheating, packet bombing, roughhousing, stealing or messing with other people's property without permission WILL BE EJECTED - NO refunds, NO second chance! We are very serious about this one.
IF YOU SIGNED UP AND CAN'T MAKE IT:
It happens. Traffic, work, dead boxen and domestic overunits can all put a wrench in the works at the last minute. If you cancel 7 days before the event you will get a refund. Anyone cancelling within 7 days of the event or not showing up will be credited for the next event.