December 15, 2012 · 10:00 AM
This location is shown only to members
Getting the November and December dates on the board by request.
If you haven't been to a LAN and played this yet, what are you waiting for?
See it here.
Bring your laptops!
Even though it might not be your gaming rig, bring your laptop. Artemis's client doesn't need much of any horsepower to run and it makes things much easier to play with a laptop or netbook.
If we get 10-12 interested people we can have a two-starship co-op and/or duel.
We'll be playing TF2 MvM as well.
And some quasi-retro RTS action (last month was Rise of Nations, before that, Supreme Commander. This month... who knows)
WHAT YOU GET:
- A Seat at our LAN event (table footprint: 36"W x 30"D)
- A LAN connection
- All-you-can-drink soda (tell us your favorite when you register)
- Lunch (usually Pizza, or whatever the group decides on)
- This is a private residence, please clean up after yourself.
- Allergen Info: There is a cat in the house.
- Crash space is available for those who want to stay late and not drive home right away; let us know if you need it (bring a sleeping bag).
- There is a 30Mb cable internet connection.
- A HTPC and Media Server are available.
WHAT TO BRING:
- Your Computer with a wired network interface. (this is obvious, right?)
- Protip: Configure your computer's WIRED interface for "Automatic/DHCP" The most common problem at setup is a statically-assigned IP address fouling up the works.
- Keyboard, mouse, joystick, game pads, etc.
- Your mouse pad (the tables are NOT optical/laser mouse friendly).
- Headphones with or without microphone (expect voice chat to be used)
- Power strip and all applicable power cords.
- Your windows, driver and game CD's.
- UPDATED Virus protection (Microsoft Security Essentials is your friend).
- A good attitude and friends (both we also have plenty of :-) )
- Snacks and other goodies are always appreciated.
WHAT NOT TO BRING:
- SPEAKERS (Speakers of any sort are discouraged due to the close proximity of everyone, and the tendency for people to bring sub-woofers...)
- Viruses, Trojans, worms, etc (scan your machine before plugging in)
- Adware, spyware, etc.
- Hubs, switches, routers, access points, etc. (these are provided). Any rogue network equipment will be smited by the Network Gods <g>.
- Port scanners, packet bombers, encryption crackers, aimbots, wallhacks, etc.
- NO SMOKING in the building. Before lighting up, go outside. It's not only common courtesy, it's the law.
- No porn. If anyone is offended and/or complains, then it MUST go. Just be reasonable.
- Anyone caught cheating, packet bombing, roughhousing, stealing or messing with other people's property without permission WILL BE EJECTED - NO refunds, NO second chance! We are very serious about this one.
IF YOU SIGNED UP AND CAN'T MAKE IT:
It happens. Traffic, work, dead boxen and domestic overunits can all put a wrench in the works at the last minute. If you cancel 7 days before the event you will get a refund. Anyone cancelling within 7 days of the event or not showing up will be credited for the next event.