Led by Alixa Jordan with Energy Equinox
Please ask the center about Senior and Military discounts.
Tai chi is a martial arts version of qigong that emphasizes strength through yielding. Its holistic approach to wellness balances all energies of one's being including the body, mind and spirit.
Reputable studies report numerous benefits (like increased physical strength, restored coordination and balance, more flexibility, improved focus, and deepened relaxation) when consistently practicing tai chi.
Yang style tai chi is the most widely practiced and followed style of tai chi in the world.
This class teaches the Yang Style 10 Form routine, whereby a new form (taught each week) builds upon the forms learned in previous weeks. In 8 short weeks, you will know the entire 10 Form routine including the following postures and movements:
1. Commencing form
2. Rolling forearms
3. Brush knee
4. Parting horse's mane
5. Cloud hands
6. Stand on one leg
7. Kick with heel
8. Grasp peacock's tail
9. Hugging a tree
10. Closing form
You will also learn about 13 principles of Tai Chi:
1. Sinking of Shoulders and Dropping of Elbows
2. Relaxing of Chest and Rounding of Back
3. Sinking Chi down to Dan Tien
4. Lightly Pointing Up the Head
5. Relaxation of Waist and Hip
6. Differentiate Between Empty and Full: Yin and Yang
7. Coordination of Upper and Lower Parts of the Body
8. Using the Mind Instead of Force
9. Harmony Between Internal and External
10. Connecting the Mind and the Chi
11. Find Stillness Within Movement
12. Movement and Stillness Present at Once
13. Continuity and Evenness Throughout the Form
We hope to you will join us for an 8-week journey as we work harmoniously with chi (life energy) in the body to help achieve optimal health.
See you in class!