Atlanta Ruby Meetup Group Message Board › Pt or FT rubyist wanted who wants remarkable Do-Good consumer web app for r
|A former member||
Want Do-Good Consumer web app resume URL that will really stand out?
But you’re already very busy, and you can only work PT and only for a short time?
Our web app, CoupleSpace (aka CoupleSmarts) takes on one of the most important and “complicated” issues humans face: Making a marriage/committed relationship work and thrive, and were nearly 2/3 done coding. So with one more engineer, we could get our launchable beta out in another 1-2mo, easily.
CoupleSpace needs experienced Rubyist for soon to launch startup creating first individualizable, interactive, engaging web app to enable virtually ALL couples to have stronger happier relationships, & especially help the 50MM unhappy US/Canada/Britain/AU couples who cannot afford or won't trust a therapist, We intend to spread fast, eventually be fun, make oodles.
For MORE DETAILED DESCRIPTION, READ ON:
If you want a truly remarkable (could be the “most useful” (in terms of human happiness) consumer site for 2011) impressive consumer web app for a resume URL, but can only work for a short time and PT, without getting a guaranteed competitive rate, read on.
WHO and WHAT WE ARE:
We are a dedicated four person team (a 4 year veteran rubyist, a one year rubyist-- but fast learner (9yr C++ veteran and former PM), a passionate and brilliant PM/VP Prod Development, and a CEO/head PhD Harvard/UC Bekeley psychologist) plus a small cadre of Fundraising and Psych Research directors/writers).
OUR MISSION: to be the first and hopefully always the best truly robust—highly interactive, individualizable, and web app to engage and enable virtually all couples who cannot afford or won't trust a therapist to have stronger happier relationships.
MARKET: We’re talking 50MM or so unhappy couples in US/Canada/Britain/AU, and we know from our market research than 65% would pay $9-19/mo for what we’ll be offering (which can do 8 things a therapist cannot do!). We’re also be appealing to new couples, ok couples who want to make their relationship much better, and therapists themselves to offer their couple-clients to prevent backsliding. Most therapists therefore look forward to us as an aftercare adjunct.
HOW WE’LL SPREAD: We also think we have some ways to spread fast and eventually even be at times fun.
And we know at least 60% of unhappy couples would pay $9-19/mo for CoupleSpace. So even if we initially only reach one percent of these, guess what?! And we have several interested seedfunders, which is why we are anxious to finish up the beta.
Here are just a few things we have going for us:
1) Well received alpha (proof of concept) by nearly 100 couples, and nearly half finished MVP beta; plus finished beta for sister feeder site, StopArguingNow.com (needing funds to get initial traffic going via social media )
2) Strong uniquely qualified team including two excellent Ruby engineers, one a single dad (who was blindsided just like the CEO/founder, moi)
3) A novel scalable solution to a blue ocean market, perfectly timed for the economy and trends in use of the Internet (from quantity to quality of relationships), with solid biz model: More than 2/3 of couples (big market research survey) said they would pay $19/mo for our web service if available today and they had a serious issue
4) Well thought out quasi viral tactics using twitter and FB to spread CoupleSpace, plus huge word of mouth potential
5) Solid BP and Marketing Plan (finalist in major BP competition), including interested Fortune 50 business partners.
6) Amazingly, a lack of any real competition (though lots of simple websites, blogs, and only two (not much needed) one-service-only wep apps)
7) Strong potential Fortune 50 partnerships (with Health Insurance, EAP providers, and large employers (for their HR departments)
8) FOUNDER/CEO wants to donate most of his own profits to urgent and important humanitarian and envtl causes
WHO YOU ARE:
➢ Minimum 2 year (prefer more) rubyist who loves coding and is good
➢ Wanting to have a resume piece that demonstrates an app that addresses a huge complex human issue in an elegant and highly effective way, a resume URL that really stands out as something very different and impressive
➢ Wanting to use your talent for creating technology that can really help to significantly reduce and prevent vast suffering in the world
➢ Highly punctual, fast, and reliable, into agile daily scrum and sprint development
➢ ideally at least 20hrs/wk, more if possible
➢ ideally 2-3 months (to finish at least version 1 and possibly version 2 of the beta), many angels have asked us for the beta as soon as its ready)
➢ You can work from anywhere in USA, though being in NYC would be a plus for certain funders
➢ not afraid to let us know unhappy feelings—pissed, frustrated, confused, angry, disappointed
➢ loves coding and wants to make a difference in the world
➢ has one or more favorite causes (since founder wants his own profits to go to urgent/important cause
➢ punctual (for daily scrums) and communicative (returns calls during break or end of day)
1) indicate in sub box: RubyEngineer/hours per wk available//[your city][how heard of us]
2) send short note as to why you are attracted and major concerns
3) email: gary at couplespace (all one word) dot net