Atlanta Ruby Meetup Group Message Board › a need for a Ruby or Java SE for Cox Digital Exchange a start-up technology
Cox Digital Exchange is a start-up technology company in Atlanta focused on helping marketplace participants identify, communicate and transact with trading partners. The business will leverage technologies, capabilities and assets from the wholesale and retail segments to help customers to find what they need and to trade more efficiently and effectively than would otherwise be possible. The lead investor is Cox Enterprises. Cox Enterprises owns: AutoTrader.com, Manheim Auctions, Cox Media Group (newspaper, radio, TV); & Cox Communications (cable).
This digital start-up is searching for a progressive Software Engineer with broad technology experience in Ruby or Java and who will help design and deliver a social marketplace solution that includes both a rich web experience, as well as mobile capability.
You will be part of an innovative, high-performance engineering team that is committed to delivering an application using leading edge technologies in the cloud and implementing best-in-software development craftsmanship.
Responsibilities (including but not limited to):
• Implement cutting-edge technologies which will drive this high-demand business solution
• Utilize software craftsmanship techniques to ensure rapid time-to-market, high-productivity development
• Co-create innovative technological features that will revolutionize this industry
• Support critical market success requirements of quality, performance, maintainability, and scalability.
• Help Product and UX teams deliver user experience and capabilities that exceed customers’ expectations
• Produce high quality, elegant code on short deadlines
• Conform to local standards
• Excellent Software Development skills (3+ years)
• Creative, resourceful and innovative problem solver
• Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to facilitate communication within engineering team.
• One or more years developing in Ruby on Rails (preferred), Python, Java, PHP, or any scripting/dynamic language
• Experience using NoSQL databases like MongoDB (preferred), Cassandra, Redis, etc. a plus
• Mobile (Android/iOS) experience is a big plus.
• Comfortable with agile development techniques such as BDD, Pair Programming, Refactoring, Continuous Integration, Iterative Development, etc.
for confidential consideration please email resume to email@example.com