Atlanta Ruby Meetup Group Message Board › We Need 2 Ruby on Rails Developers!
JOB TITLE: Lead Software Engineer
LOCATION: Atlanta, Georgia
Software Engineer needed to develop leading-edge digital Video on Demand applications, Video Content Delivery and Management infrastructure software. This Engineer will be part of an agile development team developing applications using leading edge technologies. Responsibilities include design, implementation, testing and support of the software applications.
The following skills are required to be successful in this position:
• BS in Computer Science or related field
• 3+ years experience leading software engineering teams.
• 5+ years hands on experience developing software components in Java, Ruby or Erlang.
• Understanding of distributed software systems, asynchronous messaging and RESTful Web Services.
• Experience creating automated tests at the unit, integration and performance/load level and integrating those tests into a continuous build environment.
• Understanding of object oriented design and Agile methodologies.
• Ability to interface with third party software vendors to assist in installation and operation of our products.
• Strong interpersonal and communications skills and an ability to understand and articulate complex ideas and concepts in both verbal and written form
• Motivated self-starting individual; team player to collaborate with local and remote teams.
The following skills are desirable in a candidate applying for this position:
• Proven ability to come up to speed quickly on new technologies.
• Experience writing software in Ruby/Rails and Erlang programming languages.
• Experience with non-Relational database technology such as MongoDB.
• Experience working with agile teams.
• Experience in the cable or telecom industry