Atlanta Ruby Meetup Group Message Board › Cigital Atlanta | Exclusive Training Event for Tuesday, Nov. 13

Cigital Atlanta | Exclusive Training Event for Tuesday, Nov. 13

Dan L.
user 60243652
Atlanta, GA
Post #: 5
All,

I'd like to invite you to my company's exclusive training event to be held on November 13. Cigital's Internal CTO and well-known security expert John Steven will present, "Secure Password Storage: Increasing Resistance to Brute Force Attacks".

The recent set of well publicized disclosures of user passwords (i.e. LinkedIn) raises the question of whether current best practices adequately protect passwords from brute force attacks. John will discuss the pros and cons of the current practices such as salted-hashes, adaptive hashes and proposes an alternative solution for strengthening these existing practices. The talk will discuss the cryptographic properties of the current practices, but does not require a PhD. in mathematics to understand the details.

To learn more about this exclusive event and how to register, please visit: www.cigitaltraining-atlanta.eventbrite.c­om.

Agenda:
Tuesday, November 13th
8:00am: Hot breakfast
8:30am: Training
10:30am: Networking

Where is the training located?
Hodges Room, 3rd floor, Centergy Building at Georgia Tech
75 Fifth Street
Atlanta, GA, 30308

How much to attend?
FREE - IF you show up! The $20 registration fee will be refunded in cash as soon as you arrive! Registration is limited, so sign up early!

Hope to see you there!
Dan Lewin
www.cigital.com