Atlanta Ruby Meetup Group Message Board › Ruby on Rails at Oracle!
|A former member||
Interested candidates can send their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
These positions are with Oracle-Vitrue, Oracle's cutting edge social media arm.
Enjoy cutting edge technology in a start up environment with the backing of a fortune 100 firm!!
The Oracle Cloud Social Platform team is a team focused on bringing the best Social Marketing, Monitoring and Engagement products to our customers.
Brief Posting Description
Design, develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for databases, applications, tools, networks etc.
As a member of the software engineering division, you will assist in defining and developing software for tasks associated with the developing, debugging or designing of software applications or operating systems. Provide technical leadership to other software developers. Specify, design and implement modest changes to existing software architecture to meet changing needs.
Duties and tasks are varied and complex needing independent judgment. Fully competent in own area of expertise. May have project lead role and or supervise lower level personnel. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 4 years of software engineering or related experience.
We’re looking for talented, passionate software engineers who want to solve interesting problems in social media primarily on Facebook, Twitter, and Google+.
The Senior Software Engineer will be responsible for leading teams that are developing interactive web applications and backend services used by Fortune 500 companies to leverage the power of social networks.
Will participate in the design and coding of end-to-end applications including database models, application logic, and presentation layers. Our Technology stack includes Ruby on Rails, MySQL, and JQuery, to name a few technologies, but we’re looking for sharp individuals who are able to adapt the right technologies to solve business problems.
• Produce high-quality, standards-compliant code – 85% Coding
• Work with the Product Management Team and other non-development groups to engage consumers using social media
Technologies we use daily
Mac OS X, Ruby on Rails, Facebook, Twitter, MySQL, Cloud Computing
Would you like to…
Scale apps to handle over 1500 requests per minute?
Have your work be seen by hundreds of millions of people?
Use NoSQL in a production environment?
Do test driven development?
Spend your day engineering software instead of wasting time in meetings?
Have the freedom to use new technology?
• Solid software development skills
• One or more years developing in Ruby on Rails, Python, Java, PHP, or any “next gen” scripting language
• Proficiency at optimizing SQL queries (exposure to NoSQL is a plus)
• Experience with Mac OS X or another *NIX. We don’t do Windows.
• Write standards-compliant HTML and CSS
• Strive for beautiful code
• Bonus points if you’re good at playing old arcade games and ping pong!
• Social Media experience is a plus