Atlanta Ruby Meetup Group Message Board › Seeking a Personal Front-end/RoR Instructor :: Paid
I'm looking for someone that can help me with a simple Rails project. I'm new to development and while I've gone through several of the Rails tutorials, I'd like some formal assistance. Please review the specs below and let me know if you are interested! No snarky comments needed, just trying to learn :-)
I'm seeking someone who is a solid communicator to walk me through the steps to launch a Boostrap landing page using Rails. I'd like to do this on an hourly basis after work from 6P - 8P EST three nights a week (remote or Midtown-ATL). This will be an ongoing project. I've gone through the Rails tutorials and I'm really looking for someone to help me learn at a faster pace.
The project I'm looking to complete is as follows:
1) I'd like to use the Twitter Bootstrap framework:
2) I'd like to learn how to style the CSS within Bootstrap to build a site;
3) I'd like to integrate a CMS component that will allow a non-technical user to make updates, build pages, new tabs,add video, etc.
4) I'd like to use ActiveAdmin, as needed.
5) I'd like to learn how to build an API, which will be used as a pass-through.
1) I'd like to use a non-crutch host (not Heroku) and would like someone to help with the siteops piece a bit.
2) Must have familiarity with Git;
4) Must speak English and be available to speak during 7P - 9P EST business hours.
I'll pay by the hour, but you'd def. make more coding that I can pay. However, my last company was acquired and my technical co-founders all did well. Not looking for a co-founder for anything at this point, bu my old co-founders are some of my best friends now, but they all live in Chicago and I'm in ATL now.
Email me at chcarter at gmail dot com if you want to try your hand at teaching!