|Sent on:||Friday, November 11, 2011 9:03 AM|
Thank you in advance for reading this email.
Saltlight Center (under Family Promise of Gwinnett) is the Gwinnett County first emergency (winter) shelter located in Lawrenceville, GA. I'm so happy to be a part of this miracle. I just became the food coordinator for the Center. I'm looking for volunteers who like to provide hot meals (breakfast or dinner) for the residents. You can serve the items or drop off the items.
We are looking for Center hosts to do intake and assist the residents. Below are the hours for volunteering.
Below are the three shifts with updated times. Evening hosts you shift has been extended 15minutes in order to shorten the overnight shift.
Evening Shift (1st shift) –; 6pm to 10:15pm.
Overnight Shift (2nd shift) –; 10:00pm to 7:00am.
Morning Shift (3rd shift) –; 6:30am to 8:30am.
Donations are also needed. If you are to donate, please look at the information below and give if you can.
Below are some suggestions, if your church, small group, Bible Study or civic group is wanting to do a drive:
1. Wipe It Up Drive- Collect items that are used to wipe things up! Suggested items are Kleenex, Paper Towels, Toilet Paper, Lysol Wipes, Baby Wipes, Napkins, etc.
2. Prayer Journals and Pens – haven’t come up with a great name for this but I would like to bless each one of our women and teens a journal so they can process their thoughts and prayers during their crisis.
3. Winter Coat Drive – we don’t have room for a full coat closet but we would like to have a closet filled with coats for our guests. We are looking for women’s coats, kids coats, and teens (boys and girls).
4. Flip Flops – we are in need of flip flops for our guests to where in the shower – all sizes (women and children). The pedicure flip flops would be great for this!
5. Personal Hygiene Products – you can make welcome bags for the shelter (shampoo, conditioner, body wash, deodorant, toothbrush, and toothpaste – with a note of encouragement)
Thank you so much for your time. Continue to be blessed.