addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupsimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

The Atlanta Asterisk Users Group Message Board › Older 4 Port PRI PCIe Cards w/ Echo Cancellation Needed; will trade for new

Older 4 Port PRI PCIe Cards w/ Echo Cancellation Needed; will trade for new ones or buy

A former member
After a lot or experimentation and trials in the lab I have discovered that the newer Digium PRI cards will not work with Asterisk 1.6.x.  They look just fine under Dahdi and dahdi_tools sees them OK but after I compile Asterisk there are no Dahdi commands available at the CLI and inbound calls on a known good PRI never hit the dial plan.  When I remove the new cards and drop in an older card, run dahdi_cfg modules and dahdi_cfg and bounce Asterisk everything is back to normal and the calls come on in.
But Doug, why do you want to trade new cards for old or buy old cards?  I have 2 heavily modified Asterisk 1.6.x based productions apps and I need to increase capacity and replace server hardware now and not later.  We'll migrate to 1.8 or 12 a little down the road when I have some breathing room.
Oh, I have 2 brand new 2 port half height Sangoma PCIe PRI cards also for trade.  They didn't like Asterisk 1.6.x either.
If you can help me out please drop me an email at  I need 6 or more of these older 4 port cards.