Atlanta Buffy Meetup Message Board › SMILE AND GET A GOOD LAUGH!

SMILE AND GET A GOOD LAUGH! Syrens of the South perform at Mechanical Masquerade tonight!

A former member
Post #: 4,033
I would like to invite anyone interested in having some fun tonight with a very entertaining group, check out this tonight. You can buy tickets at the door for $10.00. Syrens of the South performed at the Anachrocon/Time Traveler's Ball and were such great performance artists! It should be a blast!!! I also added this to the Marietta Scifi Horror Adventure meetup!

What: Mechanical Masquerade!!! Featuring ~~ Syrens of the South~~

When: Saturday, May 8, 2010 8:00 PM "TONIGHT, TONIGHT, we'll have some fun tonight!"

Where:
Little Tree Studios/Bart Webb Studios
2842 Franklin St
Avondale Estates, GA 30002

Syrens of the South present an exciting event tonight! I'm going to hang out with my friends to socialize and check out the fun show, and I'll bring my big stuffed Cheetah toy Cat so you can spot me! I may even wear my blue vintage wedding dress tonight!

Mechanical Masquerade this Saturday only $10! ~~ May 8, 2010 ~~

When: Saturday May 8, 2010
8:00 pm – Meetup with the group tonight!

Where: Little Tree Studios/Bart Webb Studios
2842 Franklin St Avondale Estates, GA 30002

"Southern Hospitality with a wink and a nudge!"
The Atlanta based production company Syrens of the South was started by two ladies with a common vision. Katherine Lashe and Talloolah Love met while performing burlesque in 2004 and were so often mistaken for each other they decided to start a sister act. In 2007, they toured with their duet all over the USA. In the span of three months, they traveled to and performed in Boston, Hollywood, Charlotte, Atlanta, Nashville and at The Burlesque Hall of Fame in Las Vegas.

On August 18, 2007, The Syrens of the South went from a sister act to a Production Company with their first full show simply entitled Syrens of the South Speakeasy Night at The Highland Inn Ball Room Lounge. Having been featured in Creative Loafing's See & Do section, it was a sold out show which proved to be the first of many for this new endevour. In 2008 the Syrens began offering their ABCs & 123s of Burlesque Class Series which includes teachers from many of the different performance groups around Atlanta.

They teach classes on the art form of Burlesque Dancing, which is elegant, vintage, retro and fun! I saw them at the Anachrocon/Time Traveler's Ball the last 2 years and they put on a fun show to make you smile!

Learn more here:
http://www.meetup.com...­.