Dec 15, 2012 · 9:00 AM
For the final ( and some may rightly say, almost the first ) main JUG related event of 2012 Kalman Bekesi is going to run a Scala Lounge/HackDay on the 15th - 9am to 3pm in Movio offices ( above Squid Row on Symonds St).
Depending what people are interested in we could look at:
- Scala overview, implicits, traits, pattern matching, collections etc
- Adding scala to existing projects
- Port and existing app/lib as an exercise
- Pimp my library - add to existing libs
- Akka - actor concurrency
- mvn and or sbt
- New 2.10 features, value classes, reflection, dynamic types, macros, etc
Note: This is a hands on coding day. Remember to bring your own laptops suitable for Java/Scala development.