The Auckland JVM Group Message Board › OWASP Day 2010
OWASP New Zealand Chapter will hold its OWASP New Zealand Day 2010 security conference at the University of Auckland, on July 15th 2010.
The conference will consist of a single track covering both technical and risk management topics.
We are seeking presentations on any of the following topics:
* OWASP Project Presentation (i.e Tool Updates/Project Status etc)
* Threat modelling of web applications
* Privacy Concerns with Applications and Data Storage
* Vulnerability analysis of web applications (code review, pentest, static analysis, scanning)
* Baseline or Metrics for Application Security
* Countermeasures for web application vulnerabilities
* Web application security
* Platform or language (e.g. Java, .NET) security features that help secure web applications
* Secure application development
* How to use databases securely in web applications
* Security of Service Oriented Architectures
* Access control in web applications
* Web services security
* Browser security
The official closing date for receiving a synopsis of the presentation is the 5th June 2010.
Announcements on selected candidates will be provided on the second week of June 2010. Complete presentations will need to be submitted by the 20th of June 2010.
The email subject must be "OWASP New Zealand 2010: CFP" and the email body must contains the following information/sections:
* Name and Surname
* Telephone number
* Email address
* List of the author's previous papers/articles/speeches on the same topic
* Title of the contribution
* Type of contribution: Technical or Informative
* Abstract (up to 500 words)
* Why the contribution is relevant for OWASP New Zealand 2010
* If you are not from New Zealand, will your company support your travel/accommodation costs - Yes/No
The submission will be reviewed by the OWASP New Zealand Board and the most interesting ones will be selected and invited for presentation.
** Due to limited budget available, expenses for international speakers cannot be covered.
** If your company is willing to cover travel and accomodation costs, the company will become "Support Sponsor" of the event.
For more information about sponsorships, please visit:
Please submit your presentation topics and an abstract of up to 500 words to Roberto Suggi Liverani - robertosl AT owasp.org
For more information regarding the event, please visit:
Roberto Suggi Liverani
OWASP New Zealand Chapter Leader
OWASP New Zealand Day 2010 is kindly offered and supported by the following sponsors:
- University of Auckland (Department of Computer Science) - www.auckland.ac.nz
- NZISF (New Zealand Information Security Forum) - www.security.org.nz/NZISF_NZISForumContent.php
- Security-Assessment.com - www.security-assessment.com
- Lateral Security - www.lateralsecurity.com