We are going to Chris's place near Waitakere Dam for a barbecue lunch followed by an afternoon of music performance. If weather is fine the barbecue will probably be on the deck outside, and then we'll gather inside a large room for the music performance. Anyone who would like to play in front of the group audience can take turns at doing this, and we'll have some whole group performances where everyone can join in :-)
Weather Update (Sun 7am): Metservice forecast for Sunday: "Fine spells and the odd light shower. Southwesterlies. (sun+cloud+shower symbol)".
- Initially we'll meet at Victoria Park New World (outside the main entrance at the corner of Scotland Street and College Hill), and arrange carpooling from there.
- Then we'll drive to Waitakere Dam carpark on Scenic Drive.
- Google map directions here. Carpark is on right by road to dam.
- From there it is a 2 minute walk to Chris's place (exact address will be given to those who RSVP Yes).
- 12:00 - Good time to arrive at New World, meet & greet.
- 12:15 - Latest time to arrive at New World, arrange carpooling.
- 12:20 - Leave New World by now.
- 12:45 - Arrive at Waitakere Dam carpark if going straight there.
- 13:00 - All at Waitakere Dam carpark by now, walk to Chris's place and start barbecue
- 15:00 - Approx start music performance.
- 18:00 - Approx return to city.
- Bring your own meat, fish, vegetables, etc, to cook on the barbecue.
- A few salads and bread will be provided. Bring more salad but no need to go overboard.
- You can also bring non-barbecue food if you prefer.
For the music performance section of this event, we'll gather in a large room and give full attention to the music. The format is open to suggestion:
- Anyone who would like to perform solo, duet or in small group can take turns to play in front of the group audience (like open mic).
- There can be larger group jams for anyone who would like to join in.
- There will probably be primitive whole group performances where everyone can join in. No music playing experience is needed to participate. Anyone can use voice, play simple percussion, or dance to whatever music we create :-)
- food and drink for barbecue
- musical instruments
(1) Electric instruments can be used if not played at loud volume. Large amounts of equipment are not recommended.
(2) The decking area to be used for the barbecue is not suitable for children, sorry.
(3) Music performances will probably be recorded and may be edited to give to everyone who attended later.
- This event is limited to 20 people.
- RSVP online if you are confident you will attend.
- There are some RSVP questions about certainty of attending, transport, meeting places, instruments, and performance. Answering these will help with planning, thanks :-)
- You can post comments below to discuss this event and what you might like to perform, etc, or give any answers to RSVP questions you would like to share with rest of group.
See you there :-)