We are going to meet and play music under a concrete silo tower at end of jetty, west end of Jellicoe Street in Wynyard Quarter, where there is a public piano, (see photo on right) quite good acoustics, harbour views, and some shelter in case it rains.
We'll meet there and play music for a couple of hours or so.
Weather Update (Fri 12:30pm): Metservice forecast for Sunday is: "Cloudy periods, a few showers. Northeasterly breezes. (sun+cloud symbol)".
- We'll meet under the single concrete silo tower at Wynyard Quarter where the piano is.
- See Google map directions from Britomart to west end of Jellicoe Street.
- Looking westward from the intersection of Jellicoe and Beaumont streets, can see a group of concrete towers joined together, and the single tower with the piano is a little to the right (north) of this (see photo on right).
- Street parking may be available nearby but probably have to pay.
- The city link bus stops at Jellicoe Street (50c or free with hop card).
- It is a short walk from Britomart via the bridge over Viaduct Harbour.
- We'll play whatever kind of music people in the group want to play, perhaps a combination of improvised music and sing-along classics.
- musical instruments
- anything that can make an interesting sound
- snack food and drink
- a seat or something to sit on will be helpful
(1) If the tower is occupied by other people then we'll gather somewhere visible nearby outside the tower and decide what to do from there.
(2) If the piano has shifted then we may go to where the piano is (if we can find it) or play other instruments we bring nearby.
See you there :-)