addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupsimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Aussie Meetup (for Australians in New York) Message Board › E3 visa - obtaining healthcare

E3 visa - obtaining healthcare

Bryan
user 64673032
New York, NY
Post #: 1
I'm in the process of obtaining a e3 visa through a job I've gotten in New York. The job is part time and doesnt offer benefits in terms of healthcare and dental. What i want to know is if i end up getting another job that does offer benefits, do i need to obtain another E3 visa or do i only need a social security number?
Michelle S.
user 64989192
New York, NY
Post #: 2
Hi

Just out of curiosity which city are you applying for the E3 visa in? I am coming to NY in August 2013 with the hope to obtaining the E3 visa but am still deciding which city to go to.

To answer your question from what I have been reading on this site. I believe you will need to obtain another E3 visa as you would have changed employers.

Best of luck.
Michelle
A former member
Post #: 4
Bryan,

You will need to apply for another E3 Visa as your employer is your sponsor.

Your future employer will need to obtain a Labor Condition Application (LCA) where they verify the conditions of your employment - salary, etc

As you can not technically apply for an E3 visa in the US, you will have to travel outside of the US to have this all sorted out. Probably best to go back to Aus.

http://canberra.usemb...­

I hope this helps.