addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1linklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Aussie Meetup (for Australians in New York) Message Board › Intro: moving to New York

Intro: moving to New York

Michelle S.
user 64989192
New York, NY
Post #: 1
Hi everyone

I just found this forum tonight and thought I would introduce myself.

I have read through all the posts tonight about obtaining the E3 visa and they have all been very helpful.

I am currently living in Cairns and working as a Chartered Accountant.

I am planning to move to New York in August 2013.

I will be seeking employment in the same field. I hold a Bachelor of Commerce degree and a Chartered Accountants certificate.

If you have been successful in obtaining a job in the accounting/tax field I would love to hear from you.

I have worked for BDO in Brisbane and WHK in Townsville.

I have also worked in smaller accounting firms and have 10 years experience.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Michelle S.
user 64989192
New York, NY
Post #: 4
Just an update on my plans to move to New York. I am flying to Dubai for a week first and will be arriving in NYC 20/08/13. I am a qualified Chartered Accountant and will be looking for work in a similar field to satifsfy my E3 requirements. I am interested in doing something a bit different and would be interested in working in banking, finance, stock market, fashion etc. If you know of any jobs that are coming up in August please let me know. Everything I have read so far advises that it is best to be in the city and then employers can take you seriously.

We have a company in Australia called 'Grow USA' and they assist people with obtaining employment in the USA, whilst still living in Australia. Has anyone used this company or know of anyone else who has?

So excited, I can't wait to get over there.