Austin Filmmakers Message Board › Call for Proposals
This is a Call for Proposals (CFP) to make an ultra low budget, independent, feature film from an award winning script, i.e., Austin Film Festival Semi-Finalist, an American Zoetrope Finalist, and an IFP Emerging Narrative selection.
• Substantial funding is currently in place.
• A trailer/sample/tease for the feature is posted at: http://www.youtube.co...
• A copy of the script is posted at www.RobertWHazel.com.
Proposals should include the following:
• All aspects of producing a feature film, including, but not limited to, development, pre-production, production and post production.
• A detailed, complete and final/firm budget, taking into account all expenses and costs; since money is always a factor, special consideration will be given to those proposals that note deferred compensation.
• Except that the script noted above is to be used to make the film, the team selected will have a free hand to complete the project on/under budget to realize a PG-13 or R rating.
• Proposals are only welcome from individuals/teams that can do the entire project. These teams may be composed of students and others with relatively little experience, those who have successfully produced and sold a feature film, or some combination of both. Production credits for experienced film makers and/or letters of recommendation from filmmakers with less experience should be included in submissions.
• The executive producers wish to play no further role in the project other than to provide the money and the script; the exception to this is that they expect to have backers listed in production credits. However, they would welcome the opportunity of being involved in an initial table reading.
• Deliverables include a feature film with all permissions, etc. that can be submitted to festivals, markets and be of sufficient quality to warrant sales consideration.
• The budget once agreed upon is firm, and those teams who are not certain they could deliver according to their proposals are encouraged not to submit.
A general, public meeting to discuss this CFP further will be announced if there is sufficient interest. In the interim, please use the contact information noted at www.RobertWHazel.com for any questions.
If you have ever wanted to make a feature film or if you are looking for your next project, this may be of interest to you.