The Austin Knitting and Crocheting Meetup Group Message Board Community › NW Austin/Cedar Park meetup suspended

NW Austin/Cedar Park meetup suspended

Sherry M.
Brienze
Austin, TX
Post #: 11
I've had to stop hosting the Friday NW Austin meetup at my house. My elderly cat just had 40% of her bladder removed, so her blankets and her emergency litter box are taking up half my couch. Aside from the current lack of seating and questionable sanitary conditions, in the future I just won't be able to predict when I'll be needed for trips to the vet (she's doing much better now, but we can't expect miracles from a 21 yr old cat) so I can't commit to hosting anymore.

Gayle, one of our other regular members, is thinking about hosting the group at her house, but she's going to be traveling in July and can't set anything up till she gets back.

Anyone who's been part of our group over the years, feel free to chime in here or email me about your thoughts. We could move back to Thursdays instead of Fridays if that would work better for more of you - we miss the folks we used to see!

-Sherry
Lori L.
AsYouWishPhoto
Austin, TX
Post #: 15
Sherry,

We're not an at-home or Friday group, but if your members want to overflow with us until you get back to a regular schedule, feel free.

Mondays. 7pm. Maggiore's.

http://www.meetup.com...­
(We are a small group, so RSVPs are essential to us getting a big enough table.)

(((hugs))) for you and your kitty,
Lori
Sherry M.
Brienze
Austin, TX
Post #: 12
Thanks, Lori, I'll point anyone your way if they ask.

Lynn has volunteered to host for much of the summer while she's taking a break from classes, so that should give us time after Gayle is back from vacation to figure out where we'll go next.

As a group that meets in peoples' houses, I think we all understand the importance of the RSVP. :)