Austin PHP Meetup Message Board › LAMP/Linux Administrators Wanted!
This message board is read-only.
|A former member|
We are currently looking for a Linux Systems Engineer II who will be a key element within Rackspace Cloud's infrastructure operations. A Linux Engineer is responsible for making architectural design decisions in our environment, solving technical problems and making educated improvements to the system.
More about the Rackspace Cloud business unit:
Do you want to be part of creating the next generation of computing? Rackspace Cloud is the leading innovator in cloud computing, and we are defined by Fanatical Support—not just for our clients, but for our team. Rackers have the freedom to do great work, and the challenge of using their skill and ambition to drive the future of the Web. Rackspace Cloud provides on-demand scalable website, application, and storage hosting. We enable developers and business decision-makers to avoid the hassles and costs of dedicated hardware while offering the infinite scalability of the Cloud.
• Supports and maintains network communication and solutions using the Linux Platform.
• Responsible for solving complex technical issues which can include OS level, web server, database server, applications server, DNS, SMTP or other software issues.
• Technical responsibilities include problem identification, systems architecture design, hardware/software specification and/or design, and implementation.
• Take ownership of technical issues to include: routing, prioritization, and troubleshooting.
• Understands performance monitors and their output using tools such as Cacti, Open NMS, Munin, or SNMP.
• Troubleshoots and configures replication for MySQL.
• Custom compile RPMS’s and software.
• Builds, tests and tunes highly available systems.
• Involved in cross departmental projects.
• Creates technical documents for operational use.
• Ability to diagnose and fix complex server issues.
The ideal candidate will have the following:
• Requires 3-5 years Linux systems experience including systems administration and systems design/architecture experience.
• Advanced understanding of the Linux operating system and common scripting language (Bash, Perl, etc). Ability to compile and install software packages.
• Advanced knowledge of clustering, My SQL, network fundamentals, and Shell scripting.
• Understands the OSI model and able to apply this knowledge.
• Excellent understanding of email and DNS fundamentals.
• Bachelor’s degree in computer science or engineering related field or equivalent work experience, preferred.
• RHCT certification is required. RHCE preferred.
Rackspace, a world leader in hosting delivers enterprise-level managed hosting, cloud hosting, and e-mail hosting services to businesses of all types and sizes globally. Today we serve thousands of customers from data centers around the world. Rackspace integrates the industry's best technologies and practices for each customer's specific needs delivering it as a service via the company's commitment to Fanatical Support®. We serve as an extension of our customers' IT departments enabling them to focus on their core business. Rackspace was founded in 1998 and since then has had significant growth year after year. There are now over 3,000 Rackers employed worldwide dedicated to providing customers our premier hosting services.