addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Austin PHP Meetup Message Board › seeking brilliant Sr.

seeking brilliant Sr. PHP developer at Optaros (we'll also chat with junior candidates)!

This message board is read-only.

A former member
Post #: 5
We're hiring a Sr. Developer with a PHP (Magento would be a plus) focus at Optaros in Austin! We have a really neat open culture with super-smart folks. Our development teams are client-facing, so they get to interact with our clients and truly guide development in a consultative manner. We're doing some amazing work in the commerce space (ecommerce, social commerce, mobile commerce....). Even if you're happy in your current job, it doesn't hurt to take a look :)

to apply, please send your resume to me: skosakow@optaros.com and copy work-us@optaros.com

Senior Developers use their software design and engineering experience to provide simple yet robust technical solutions for our clients. At Optaros, we leverage our open source roots and distributed development methods to iterate quickly and deliver high-quality, innovative eCommerce solutions. In addition to individual contributions, Senior Developers are often responsible for leading small teams and mentoring more junior programmers.

Responsibilities
Writing Code. Senior Engineers are primarily responsible for creating and improving well-organized, robust source code with maintainability and portability in mind. Our own development processes are taken largely from the agile, distributed methodologies born from open source software projects. We’re seeking those who relish an agile environment or who are looking to take part in a more collaborative development process.
Requirements analysis and documentation. As a senior technical resource, you will assist in architectural planning and help to shape the overall design of various components within a clients’ solution. The Senior Engineer will facilitate user requirements sessions, design technical specifications for assigned modules, and write documentation for requirements analysis, design specifications, installation guides, or project work plans.
Mentorship. Mentorship is in our DNA and part of our development process. As a collaborative, team-based organization, mentors and those being mentored learn from each other – the results and learnings from collaborations of experienced developers and junior resources lead to great success.

Skills
■3-7 years of application design & development experience
■Experience with popular Open Source platforms, frameworks and components such as Drupal, Alfresco, Magento, Django, Symfony, and Liferay
■Experience with several or all of the following: PHP 5, Web Services (SOAP/XML-RPC), XML/XSLT, HTML/CSS, JavaScript/AJAX, Apache, Java
■Knowledge of MVC architecture
■Basic knowledge of system administration and software and hardware configuration; ability to make informed recommendations to customer IT staff; ability to troubleshoot pre- and post-production implementations; security; load balancing and performance
■Familiarity with databases and data modeling/design techniques; data interface protocols; database software installation; database tuning
■Prior experience in facilitating clients through decision-making processes
■Stellar verbal and written communications skills; just as stellar presentation and facilitation skills
■Willingness to travel to client locations and collaborate with distributed delivery teams as needed
■Basic understanding of the following: Object-oriented design and development concepts; algorithms, data structures, web development technologies; database design theory and SQL

Developers love working at Optaros; here's what some have to say:

"The people are why I love my job. I wake up every morning and truly look forward to being with a great group of folks."

"Simply put, Optaros attracts the very best talent. I am always learning and being supported by what I consider to be the creme of the web consulting industry. We have a industry leading talent and get to work on some of the most progressive project with A List clients. From day one of working at Optaros, I have had the pleasure to work with the very best talent in our industry who continually help and push me to grow. "

"I love a lot of things about this job. Everyone here is very laid back and personable - we don't have that "corporate-y" feeling, but we're also not in start-up mode. It's a nice middle ground. Also, coming from someone who likes doing something different every so often, I really love that none of our projects last longer than a few months - or if they do, that I will likely swap out onto a different project part-way through. Having my work environment change (virtually speaking, that is) every so often really helps to work with different technologies and - just as importantly - let me not feel like I'm in a rut. That guarantees I'll never be bored here."

"I enjoy working at Optaros because I am surrounded by people who love to solve problems. We collaborate very well and the culture emphasizes creativity and innovation to build solutions! Our strength is our people and that's why we have loyal clients."

www.optaros.com