The Austin Python Meetup Message Board › AWeber is coming!
|A former member||
AWeber is a Philadelphia based company that develops and manages an online opt-in email marketing and follow-up service and we are expanding to the Austin area.
We're looking for several passionate software engineers to join our team in our new location.
Several full time opportunities for Software Engineers, developing and maintaining Python web based applications run on Unix based open source platforms. Our software is utilized by over 100,000 customers on a 24/7 basis requiring well planned, robust implementations to streamline the user experience. Our team includes smart people who appreciate talented goal seekers, continuous learning, experimentation and a lust for creating and implementing cutting edge technologies. We welcome those who share these passions to apply.
• Python and related tool chains (pip, distribute, fabric, virtualenv)
• Experience with UNIX development tools (make, shell scripting)
• Document Oriented databases (MongoDB) and SQL (PostgreSQL).
• Test Driven Development (TDD)
• Be assertive and have good communication skills.
• Comfortable working in an informal, high-energy environment.
• Must be eligible to work in the United States without sponsorship.
• Developing web based services like AWeber.com, and others.
• Participating in the evolution to Python, MongoDB, SQLAlchemy, and Pylons system wide.
• Being part of a team that provides 24x7 coverage for the production environment.
• Monitoring the production environment and fixing or escalating problems that arise on production machines.
• Handling project oriented work, including developing and maintaining APIs, creating and maintaining web applications & training others in the production environment.
• Capacity and performance optimization and planning recommendations.
• Designing program models and behaviors.
• Integrating new tools into our processes and suggesting new ways of improving systems.
Located in Huntingdon Valley, PA AWeber develops and manages an online opt-in email marketing and follow-up service. A growing 100,000+ international customer base access our website 24/7 to manage and send their newsletters to recipients who have specifically opted in on their website to receive that information.
• Company paid PPO medical, dental, and vision health insurance.
• 3 weeks paid time off.
• Paid holidays.
• 401K retirement benefits with company match and profit sharing.
• MacBook Pro laptops and 30" monitors for all development team members.
• Tuition reimbursement.
• Recognized in 2009 as one of the best places to work in PA.
Please email with the subject "Software Engineer" a cover letter describing why you feel this is the position for you, salary requirements, your preferred desktop OS and detailed PDF resume.