The Austin Python Meetup Message Board › Contract Python/jQuery/NumPy Position at Life Technologies

Contract Python/jQuery/NumPy Position at Life Technologies

Chris M.
user 8480571
Austin, TX
Post #: 1

APUGers -

I have an opening for a 6 month contract position in my group at Life Tech (southeast Austin area, across the street from Initech).

For those who haven't seen my talks on genome sequencing and Python (I think my last one was maybe a year ago in the Enthought offices), we're right at the forefront of Next Generation Sequencing and we use Python heavily in our middleware. This particular application is for the ION Torrent platform. If you like Web development and science, this project won't disappoint.

Contact me directly if you are interested. (christopher dot mueller at lifetech dot com)

-Chris

--

The software engineer will develop an analysis module for our benchtop genome sequencing platform. The module, developed in Python and executed as a plug-in on the sequencing server, will call external programs to analyze sequencing data, collect the results, and prepare an HTML report with the results. the engineer will work closely with the bioninformatics team to finalize requirements, develop a test plan, and develop and deploy the module.

Skills:
The software engineer must have experience developing Web applications using Python/Djano and JQuery. Experience developing analytical tools using NumPy is desired. Basic bioinformatics skills and experience with next-generation sequencing platforms is a plus.

Education:
B.S. in Computer Science or similar experience