The Austin Python Meetup Message Board › Cisco Systems/Sr. SW Engineers/Security Technology Group
I have multiple opeings for FTE Sr. SW Engineers. If interested send resume to email@example.com.
The Security Technology Business Unit (STBU) within Cisco is seeking a Senior Software Engineer for its emerging technology next generation management platform. The vision for this new product is to be the next generation "network security management" platform for firewall, remote access/VPN, IPS and a broad range of Cisco security appliances. The management platform includes an integrated, multi-device, web-based security management solution focused on configuration, monitoring, troubleshooting, event management, visibility, and reports for our security appliances. Special emphasis will be put on usability and ensuring that the product is intuitive, interactive and aesthetically pleasing. Our team will take a fast-paced, iterative approach to development using the Agile process. This is a great opportunity to work on a new project!
- Develop a web-based security management application using Python/C++, Java and Unix/Linux
- Design, document, implement and provide leadership on a large core part of the application
- Work with various cross-functional groups such as product management, other development teams, QA, and documentation spread across multiple geographies.
- Use the Agile process for the software development lifecycle
- Participate in technical discussions and provide innovation to the product
- 10+ years of software development experience with Python/C++ and Java.
- Strong background in linux/unix development environment.
- Programming experience with multithreading/concurrency.
- Developing network management software experience is a big plus
- Understand basic networking and security. A plus if you have strong knowledge in these areas
- Proven skills in leading and developing a web-based application aimed at the enterprise and commercial market.
- Have excellent verbal and writing skills
- Typically requires MSEE/CS combined with 10+ years of related experience, or BSEE/CS combined with 12+ years of related experience