The Austin Python Meetup Message Board › Cisco Systems/Security Techology Group/Austin=Python
Looking for Senior SWE strong backgroud with Python, details below....if interested send resume to email@example.com
For years, Cisco's vision has been to change the way the world works, lives, plays, and learns. Our vision is more relevant today than ever. We made the Internet what it is today. First, we focused on creating connectivity. Now, we're entering the Internet of Everything transition—an era where we'll help create unprecedented value by connecting the unconnected.
The Internet of Everything is a global industry phenomenon that is driving the biggest market transition for Cisco and our customers. This includes the intelligent connection of people, process, data, and things. It's where everything is converged on the Internet, making networked connections more relevant and valuable than before.
To help us bring this vision to life, join us in our exciting journey.
The Security Technology Business Unit (STBU) within Cisco is seeking a Senior Software Engineer for its emerging technology next generation management Platform. The vision for this new product is to be the next generation “network security management” platform for Firewall, remote access/VPN, IPS and a broad range of Cisco security appliances. The management platform includes an integrated, multi-device, web-based security management solution focused on configuration, monitoring, troubleshooting, eventing, visibility, and reports for our security appliances. Special emphasis will be put on usability and ensuring that the product is intuitive, interactive and aesthetically pleasing. Our team will take a fast-paced, iterative approach to development using the Agile process.
- Experience with Python and the Django framework is a plus.
- Proven skills in leading and developing a web-based application aimed at the enterprise and commercial market. Exposure to network management software is a plus.
- Typically requires MSEE/CS combined with 7+ years of related experience, or BSEE/CS combined with 10+ years of related experience.
- Design, document and implement security-related features on the front-end and back end
- Work with various cross-functional groups such as product management, other development teams, QA, and documentation
- Use the Agile process for the software development lifecycle
- Participate in technical discussions and provide innovation to the product