addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupsimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

The Austin Python Meetup Message Board › python based web server -- best approach?

python based web server -- best approach?

Scott B
user 9882819
Austin, TX
Post #: 5
Hi,

There appear to be a LOT of ways to implement a web server around python:

http://docs.python.or...­

if I want to implement an interface that will primarily consist of displaying button icons
and text listboxes, where all I care about knowing is when the user presses a button
icon or selects an entry in a listbox (whether automatically detected, or only detected
once another button is pressed, to accept the listbox entry) -- and then have the
server take some action based on that -- what would be the best approach?

SimpleHTTPServer and and CGIHTTPServer seem to be oriented around serving static web (HTML)
documents, which is not what I want.

I'm not interested in a complex framework -- I'm interested in the simplest way to
do only what I describe above.
For personal use only -- security therefore not an issue.

Thanks!

- Scott
A former member
Post #: 2
Stackoverflow.com is a great place to post this question at, they could help you get an answer.
Scott B
user 9882819
Austin, TX
Post #: 6
A coworker recommended Web.py:
http://webpy.org/...­
I already have most of what I want working.
So far so good.