addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Australian Shepherd Meetup Group of Denver Message Board › Agility Recommendations

Agility Recommendations

Whitney
user 24794892
Denver, CO
Post #: 1
Hi Everyone, I've been doing agility classes @ Zoom Room on S. Broadway but am curious what other facilities are out there - Love Zoom Room but I think it's kind of limited.

I know many of you do Agility w/ your Aussie(s). Recommendations on other places to do agility at? ...If I remember correctly, Craig, you and Erica go somewhere off of I70? Can you remind me where?

Thanks!!

-Whitney
Craig L K.
user 13482831
Denver, CO
Post #: 10
Hi Whitney,
I have been out of town for a while. We go with Dianne Dubois of Hopping in the Hills. Spring through Fall pratice is outdoors at her house which is in Parmalee Gulch. Durning the winter she moves it to an indoor facility Denver Dog Sports off I-70 and Dahlia. Hope this helps,
Craig L K.
user 13482831
Denver, CO
Post #: 11
Beginner/Foundation Agility classes in January with Diane Dubose of Hoppin in the Hills. Diane has done a phenomenal job in training Arthur and I. If you want to start agility with your Aussie, her background is with Aussies !!!! . Come and join us !!!!

Foundation – an introduction to agility through play, focus, movement, obedience, impulse control, shaping. Intro to a few obstacles like the table and tunnel.
Beginner – dogs and handlers who are learning the foundation skills, introduction to all equipment, short sequences, and handler’s movement and cues.

The winter location is at the new Denver Dog Sports Facility located at:
4300 Forest Street
Denver CO 80216

Diane DuBose
Hoppin' in the Hills Agility
Puppy Pre-school, Basic, Advanced Obedience & Rally
http://hoppininthehil...­.
www.onlinedogcoach.com/diane
www.spiritofdeafdogs.org
303-638-8062
Terry
user 3842251
Littleton, CO
Post #: 4
Hi Whitney, I train Rudder & Turbo with Lori Asbury. Her website is alldogstraining.net and she holds classes at Ewe R Here farm in Arvada. It's a long drive for me from Highlands Ranch, but I really like her training style. She also teaches at Denver Dog Sports on Fridays.

There's a full course at the place we go and an indoor facility for the days that are too cold or snowing. Hope that helps. And let me know if you need more info!

Terry
Holly
user 14569739
Loveland, CO
Post #: 3
Whitney - let me know which one you are going to go to, I'd like to get Oakley back into it! Hope you are doing well!
Whitney
user 24794892
Denver, CO
Post #: 2
THANKS ALL!! :) Going to start checking out what classes are running when.

Hopefully we'll see you at one of them.

Stay warm, enjoy the snow!!
A former member
Post #: 2
Hey whitney how are things going? I agree with Craig.