Announcing a new Meetup for The North Side and Evanston Writer's Group!
What: Evanston Downtown Library: Evanston Writing Critique Meeting
When: Sunday, May 16,[masked]:30 PM
Evanston Library (Main Branch)
1703 Orrington Ave. Church St. Entrance - 3rd Floor
Evanston, IL 60201
(847)[masked]We are meeting in The EAST ROOM, 3rd Floor.We are meeting at the LIBRARY. The entrance is on Church St, despite the street address.
Two train stations are within walking distance of this library.
Please feel free to contribute to, and see our discussion on policy:http://www.meetup.com/author/messages/boards/thread/8503493
New people are welcome, but please look over the description below. While meetings at our other location, can change from meeting to meeting, the format for meetings in Evanston, will stay pretty much the same, for the foreseeable future.
At this meeting, writers share a piece of their work, and the people at the meeting share their thoughts.
Please go here to post your work and read work for the meeting:
Guidelines for Everyone:
- Anyone willing to give a thoughtful critique is welcome.
- Members participate, in discussion, on the piece. Some members give written feedback (Ex. on printed out work, by email).
- Please check for stories here . Please read at least some of each piece posted, for this date. If you are not sure what will be critiqued, feel free to email .
- It is good to read an equal proportion of each writer's piece. While it is best to read everything, if you are short on time, please read at least a couple pages of each.
Guidelines for sharing work:
- All genre's and forms are welcome (Ex. chapter of a novel, short story, play, screenplay, poem, article, etc.).
- You may share your work, by posting here (highly recommended), or by bringing work to read aloud.
- Writers are expected to post 3 or more days prior to the meeting, as discussed here.
- Unless described as "NOT for meeting critique", all posters should show up at their meeting (emergencies are of course the exception) as discussed here.
- If you post a piece online, yet find out you will not be able to attend, please email me, so that I can inform the group, out of courtesy for the group. It is especially great if you can email, about this, at least 3 days in advance.
- please email, if you are changing the date, for which you want you want your piece critiqued, OR you you have decided to NOT have a piece critiqued.
- Please do not put links or other promotion in the Files section (scroll down for explanation). Work must be shared as a file (no links for critique), or read aloud. This is discussed here.
- please email, if you are posting a piece, for revision, which has already been discussed at a meeting. There are special procedures for this.
- When posting files, please indicate the date, of the meeting in which you want your piece critiqued.
Here are more details about posting online and other means of sharing your work: http://www.meetup.com/author/messages/boards/thread/7527905
Here is information about reading files, if you are having trouble seeing the work, on your computer: http://www.meetup.com/author/messages/boards/thread/7617055
Feel free to email about any questions or suggestions.
Learn more here:http://www.meetup.com/author/calendar/13444182/