Announcing a new Meetup for The North Side and Evanston Writer's Group!
What: (Meeting at ATOMIX) North Side writing critique meeting
When: November 16,[masked]:00 PM
1957 W Chicago Ave (between Damen Ave & Winchester Ave)
Chicago, IL 60622
(312)[masked]We are now meeting at Atomix (see above for address).
Please RSVP as soon as possible, and change it as soon as plans change. Ideally, please make a final decision 24 hours in advance. If the group is large, we may need to make arrangments with Atomix. If the group is small, we don't want to burden them unnessarily.
At this meeting, writers share a piece of their work, (by posting online or reading aloud) and the people at the meeting share their thoughts.
Please go here to post your work and read work for the meeting:
Guidelines for Everyone:
- Anyone willing to give a thoughtful critique is welcome.
- Members participate, in discussion, on the piece. Some members give written feedback (Ex. on printed out work, by email).
- Please check for stories here
Guidelines for sharing work:
- All genre's and forms are welcome (Ex. chapter of a novel, short story, play, screenplay, poem, article, etc.).
- You may share your work, by posting here , or by bringing work to read aloud.
- It is best to post 2 or more days prior to the meeting.
- If you post a piece online, yet find out you will not be able to attend, please email me, so that I can inform the group, out of courtesy for the group. It is especially great if you can email, about this, at least 2 days in advance.
- Though there is no official limit, it is good to keep work to about 15-20 pages (6000 words), or less.
Note: You may share a work as a link. In this case, please post a file containing the link, so that people will find and read your work.
Here are more details about posting online and other means of sharing your work: http://www.meetup.com/author/messages/boards/thread/7527905
Here is information about reading files, if you are having trouble seeing the work, on your computer: http://www.meetup.com/author/messages/boards/thread/7617055
Feel free to email about any questions or suggestions.
Learn more here:http://www.meetup.com/author/calendar/11780270/